Coconut Chocolate Fudge Brownies are perfect for those individuals that love chewy, fudgy brownies – without the extra sugar! These brownies are naturally sweetened with banana and agave syrup, so there is no refined sugar in this recipe. I add lots of “add-ins” like coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and walnuts, for some extra crunch and flavor. This recipe is simple to make, and can be adjusted with different ingredients based on what you have at home.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
To make this recipe Gluten Free, substitute the all purpose flour for quinoa flour, or a gluten-free flour blend.
The flaked coconut can be substituted 1:1 for shredded coconut. I don’t recommend leaving this ingredient out if you are aiming for coconut brownies. If you just want non-coconut chocolate fudge brownies, then go ahead and leave the coconut out.
Agave syrup is one of the ingredients I use to sweeten these coconut fudge brownies, and can be substituted with maple syrup. I like the agave syrup in this recipe because it has a mild flavor. Maple syrup may leave a slight maple undertone in the flavor, but either way, the brownies would still taste great. To keep these brownies refined sugar free and vegan, be sure to use sugar free and dairy free dark chocolate chips.
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Fudge Brownies
To make these coconut, refined sugar free vegan brownies, first, I blend the liquid ingredients together. This ensures that the banana is all blended and smooth, so you don’t end up with chunks of banana in your brownies.
Then, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder. Use an electric mixer to mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, until a smooth batter forms.
Stir the walnuts, chocolate chips, and flaked coconut into the batter, then spread it into a 9 x 13 ” pan, then bake it at 350F for 30 – 35 minutes.
- 2/3 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Banana
- 3/4 Cup Agave Syrup
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Cups Flour (All Purpose or Gluten-Free)
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, Dairy Free & Sugar Free
- 1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Blend together banana, water, agave syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder.
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Set aside 1 Tbsp of walnuts and 1 Tbsp of coconut flakes. Then stir in the remaining walnuts, chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Spread the batter into a 9x13” Cake Pan. Sprinkle the extra walnuts and coconut flakes on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let cool, then slice into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g