Coconut Curry Noodle Soup and Peanut Tofu Recipe
While I was planning dinner tonight, I was thinking about making coconut noodle soup, much like this one I made with bamboo shoots a while back. I wanted to change it up a little this time around, adding some more veggies and stronger flavours. The peanut tofu is cooked in a pan on the stove after marinating in peanut butter soy sauce for at least an hour. This helps the tofu absorb more flavour and blends amazingly well with the coconut red curry broth.
The Home Baked Vegan’s recipe for Coconut Curry Noodle Soup with Peanut Tofu is:
Here is the recipe for The Home Baked Vegan’s Curry Noodle Soup with Peanut Tofu
Curry Noodle Soup with Peanut Tofu
- Rice Stick Noodles, 450g
- 2-3 Large Carrots
- 2-3 Cups Spinach
- Green Onions or Cilantro for garnish
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Red Curry Paste
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Cut tofu into 1/2” cubes and lay them evenly on a clean dish towel. Place another dish towel on top, and cover it with something heavy (like a cast iron pan or a large cookbook). Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small shallow baking dish, whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, and lime juice. Place the tofu in the dish and cover the tofu pieces in the peanut butter soy sauce mixture.
- Marinate tofu for at least 1 hour, then heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set Aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all ingredients, over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots, then using the peeler, slice the carrot into thin strips.
- Roughly chop the spinach, and chop the cilantro and/or green onions.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the dry noodles. Cook according to the package (or approximately 5 minutes). Drain the noodles from the water, and rinse in cold water. Set Aside.
- Place the noodles in the bottom of a soup bowl, then add the hot broth. Top with the vegetables and tofu, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?