This recipe for vegan fudge brownies took many, many trials and fine-tuning. I have a brownie connoisseur in the house, so making the perfect batch of brownies has always been a challenge. To me, the perfect brownies have a cracked top, crisp edges, and soft fudgy middle pieces. This recipe is hands down, the best recipe for brownies that I have tried, and they are completely vegan friendly.
If you are looking for other fudgy chocolate recipes, take a look at these:
How to make Vegan Fudge Brownies
To make fudgy vegan brownies, the first important step, is to melt vegan butter with chocolate. This is what makes them so perfectly fudgy. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove it from the heat and mix together apple sauce, vanilla and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix the chocolate into the wet ingredients, and then stir in the dry ingredients to make the batter. I like to add walnuts for a little extra crunch and some texture, but they are completely optional (you’ll certainly want to omit them if somebody has an allergy!)
Ingredients for Perfect Vegan Brownies
1 Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 Cups Sugar
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt together the vegan butter and chocolate chips, stirring often, until the chocolate is all melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the apple sauce, vanilla, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the melted chocolate into the liquid ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until it is all combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts is desired.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the batter evenly in a 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool completely, then slice into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g