This simple recipe for Vegan Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies is perfect for the holidays. To make these Christmas Tree shapes inside your vegan sugar cookies, you’ll need two cookie cutters. A miniature cookie cutter in the shape you desire (I used my Wilton miniature Christmas tree cookie cutter); and a slightly larger cookie cutter in a neutral shape, like a circle. Baking with kids can be a lot of fun! When I make these Christmas cookies with the kids, I make the dough ahead of time, and let the kids help with cutting out the shapes.
You might like these recipes:
- 1 Cup All Vegetable Shortening
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Green Food Coloring Gel
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar.
- Mix in the water and vanilla until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then mix until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough in two, and set aside half of the dough.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to one half of the dough and mix until the color is uniform throughout.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the plain un-colored cookie dough until it’s 1/4” thick. Cut the dough in circles using a 3” round cookie cutter.
- Using a 1” Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut a Christmas tree shape into the middle of the cookie and remove the inside piece of the cookie dough. Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roll the green cookie dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s 1/4” thick. Cut the dough into Christmas tree shapes with the small cookie cutter.
- Place the green Christmas trees into the centers of the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g