Garlic Butter Gnocchi is amazing. I can’t think of a better way to describe it, because frankly, it’s what dinner dreams are made of. At least mine are anyways – little fluffy potato pasta clouds, coated in rich garlic butter sauce, with fresh basil, bursting tomatoes, and a pinch of sea salt – yes please! All the flavors work so perfectly together to make every bite simply delicious.
This recipe can be made with fresh or packaged gnocchi. Of course fresh is always best, but packaged gnocchi makes this recipe super simple and quick – just fifteen minutes to have a beautiful, delicious gnocchi dish on the table! If you decide to make gnocchi from scratch, try this recipe for my homemade vegan gnocchi.
How to Make Garlic Butter Gnocchi
280g Cherry tomatoes (approximately 2 Cups)
1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
2-3 Garlic Cloves
3 Large Basil Leaves
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Dice the garlic. In a separate skillet, add the butter, garlic, salt, and tomatoes together and cook over medium heat. Cook for approximately 5 – 10 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Be sure to keep a close eye on the pan and watch that the garlic does not burn. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and add the gnocchi to the skillet with the tomatoes. Turn off the heat and toss the gnocchi to coat in the melted butter. Chop the fresh basil and stir it into the gnocchi. Enjoy!
- 500g Gnocchi
- 280g Cherry tomatoes (approximately 2 Cups)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Large Basil Leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, make the garlic butter and tomatoes: Dice the garlic. Place the butter, garlic, salt and tomatoes into a large skillet, and cook over medium heat. Cook for approximately 5 - 10 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Be sure to keep a close eye on the pan and watch that the garlic does not burn.
- Add the gnocchi to the pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the gnocchi to the skillet with the tomatoes. Turn off the heat and toss the gnocchi to coat in the melted butter.
- Chop the fresh basil and stir it into the gnocchi.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutritional values provided are estimates only and can vary with different ingredients, brands, measurements, etc. These nutritional values are provided as a convenience and are not guaranteed. You're encouraged to make your own nutritional calculations based on the specific ingredients that you use. Product ingredients vary by brand, so always check your ingredients for allergens and any specific storage or cooking instructions.